- Certificate & Diploma Programs
- Real Access Program (Pre-Degree Program)
- Hotel Management
- Computerized Accounting
- Teacher Training Program (Primary and Pre School)
- Airline Ticketing
- English + IT with Skills Training
- Network Administration
- Business Management
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Construction Management
- Mobile Phone Repairing
- ReaL Access Program
- HND Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- Postgraduate Programs
- Other Programs
What is HND?
It stands for “Higher National Diploma”, and this qualification shows that students have completed the equivalent of two years of university-level study, either at a university, college, or a work-based training scheme.These courses focus on work skills and are great for career progression.
What Level is an HND?
A Higher National Diploma is a Level 5 qualification. HNDs are at the same level as Foundation Degrees and Diplomas in higher education (DipHE). This level of study is the equivalent of the first two years of a Bachelor’s degree.
With study at this level, you typically gain the skills, knowledge and understanding in a specialist area or professional setting.
For example, you’ll be able to:
- Increase the depth of your knowledge in an area or subject.
- Understand complex problems and situations by analysing their causes.
- Manage a team effectively with strong leadership qualities.
- Use IT systems for advanced business processes.
Who is a HND for?
There is no age limit on studying for a HND, anyone can apply depending on entry requirements and qualifications achieved. HNDs are great for those who like to learn through doing practical types of learning. If you know what career you are aiming to enter, a HND can offer more of a direct route into that industry. There are many individuals who can look to study a HND such as:
- School Leavers
- Mature students returning to education (with related work experience)
- Individuals in employment who wish to improve their career prospects
- Individuals who wish to start their own business