- Certificate & Diploma Programs
- Real Access Program (Pre-Degree Program)
- Hotel Management
- Computerized Accounting
- Teacher Training Program (Primary and Pre School)
- Airline Ticketing
- English + IT with Skills Training
- Network Administration
- Business Management
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Computer Studies
- Graphic Designing
- Web Designing
- Computer Hardware
- Construction Management
- Mobile Phone Repairing
- HND Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- Postgraduate Programs
- Other Programs
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Education and Training
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to become fully qualified as further education teachers, with the possibility of gaining the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This Level 5 Diploma offers an opportunity for career development as Colleges and other places of further education and many other sector employers generally require this level of qualification or at least a commitment to gain this upon employment.
This teaching qualification covers most curriculum areas within further education. The qualification comprises a combination of mandatory and optional units and has to comply with the Guidance for Qualifications in Education and Training
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- Theories, principles and models in education and training, such as in relation to learning, communication, assessment, curriculum development and evaluation, and how to apply them to own practice.
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training, such as roles, responsibilities and relationships, using initial and diagnostic assessment to agree individual learning goals with learners, planning and delivering inclusive teaching, creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive teaching and learning environment and assessing learning.Principals of preschool education
- Understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training, the policy context of education and training, the impact of accountability to stakeholders and external bodies on education and training, the organisational context of education and training and how to contribute to the quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements of an organisation.
- Creative aesthetic education and development of manipulative skills
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will take an analytical and practical approach to all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. Whilst doing this, candidates will embed theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their practice.
Entry Requirements for the HND
- G.C.E. (A/L) or G.C.E. (O/L) + any Recognized Diploma
Duration: 1 1/2 Years